Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search
Engine & Transmission
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Question: What metal would a 1999 Isuzu 3KC1 radiator be made from? 0 D. Jones Have a question for anyone who is in the know with diesels/motors/brazing: Tried solving a small coolant leak by changing the rad cap, but think it's actually leaking where the neck for the cap meets the tank. Been told I can braze the area to seal up the leak and was wondering if anyone had any idea what the rad from a 1999 Isuzu 3KC1 would be made out of (copper/brass?)? Trying to figure out what kind of rods to get for brazing.  Thanks!  
by D. Jones
August 26, 2020
Yanmar 4JH2E raw water impeller 2 B. Short Allen -Thanks for that. A couple of things I have learned since from other forums. Put a cable tie around the impeller and tighten it down so that all the vanes are going in the right direction. Then coat it in something slippery; KY works good. With the compressed vanes, the impeller slips right in and you can slip the cable tie off as you push the impeller in. Second, I started the engine without the impeller in the water pump and ran it for 5 seconds to prove that it would start before splashing. No harm, no foul. This was also mentioned in other forums. Third, I "prefilled" the water system from the strainer with the raw water intake sea cock closed. Once in the water, I opened the seacock. This allowed for instant starting without having to worry about the water pump running dry for even a second. Probably overkill, but easy to do. I am no in La Cruz preparing for my crossing to Hawaii and home. My sanity only allows me one boat so it goes where I am. You have four boats? that will keep you busy!Thanks again,Brian
by B. Short
February 23, 2020
Yanmar 3JH2 Starter Replacement 0 T. Kaiser Hi all I need to replace the starter on a Yanmar 3JH2 engine in a very tight engine compartment. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this without having to remove the entire engine? Thanks Thilo
by T. Kaiser
June 13, 2016
Vancouver Diesel Mechanic 1 C. Wyckham You might try Martyn at KMG in Steveston.  He works full time at their shop but sometimeses will do side work on the weekends.  He is about as good as you will find on Perkins and I assume your Westerbeke is a Perkins in disguise. H1 H2 H3 H4 H5 H6
by D. Smith
July 11, 2013
How to clean my disel engine. 2 B. Bourlet All diesel engines will leak fuel when you are changing fuel filters or bleeding the engine.  Otherwise they should be tight and fuel leak free.  If your engine is constantly leaking fuel you need to have it serviced and rendered leak free, cleaning won't solve your problem.
by D. Smith
April 14, 2013
Sign In

Calendar

2020-10-06
BCA-Wide Virtual Club Night - A Family of Five on a Seven Year Loop Around the Pacific

2020-10-14
Vancouver Virtual Club Night -- October 14, 2020

2020-10-27 » 2020-10-29
VI Mid-Island 2020 - Weather Strategies for the Inside Passage (via Zoom)