Community Search
2020-2021 Passages and Bahamas crewing opportunities
Moderator(s): Vimmy Dhillon, Rudy Witt
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2020-10-17 at 2:49:38 AM GMT
2020-2021 Passages and Bahamas crewing opportunities

Are you interested in experiencing tropical blue water cruising. Maybe  building sea miles for cruising certifications, or just wanting to escape the Canadian winter? The Covid pandemic has had a significant impact upon how and where our community can cruise. My experience of being in the Bahamas during the worldwide lockdowns in the spring of 2020 showed that cruising can still be just as enjoyable, safe and rewarding as it was prior  to the covid pandemic - it just depends on where you happened to be. This season I will return to the Bahamas and will be spending the full winter of 2021 exploring and cruising this incredible group of islands. 

There are many opportunities for gaining blue water sailing experience, making short passages between the out islands, sampling night sailing on the open Atlantic Ocean, or simply cruising on the extensive shallow water banks in warm clear waters. The first opportunity is a passage from Norfolk Virginia, to the Bahamas beginning in late November and early December.  I hope to be in the Bahamas by December 15th. Shortly after clearing in, I anticipate being ready to welcome new guests and a growing list of BCA friends back aboard Oh!. I will be cruising throughout the  Bahamas south and east of Nassau (which are the areas that have not been impacted by hurricane Dorian). My primary base will be in Georgetown on Great Exuma Island. This is an excellent base to experience a well developed cruising community. Georgetown is also perfectly situated to explore the southern out islands of the Bahamas, or the Exuma islands chain to the north. At the end of May Oh! will be making a return passage to Beaufort, North Carolina  where I may prepare for another transatlantic passage to the Azores in late June and early July. Joining Oh! Is not free, but it is a more cost effective alternative to conventional chartering. If you would like to be part of the adventure, contact Rod Morris by email at info@cloudstocoral.com. There are 10 articles available in the Currents Magazine that have detailed many of the adventures of Oh!, or you can view them and many blog posts from previous season in the Bahamas and other areas on my website, www.cloudstocoral.com 

Attached Images:

Sign In

Calendar

2020-10-20
VI (Victoria and Mid-Island) Virtual Club Night: Diving with Sharks

2020-10-27 » 2020-10-29
VI Mid-Island 2020 - Weather Strategies for the Inside Passage (via Zoom)