Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search
During a Pandemic
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2020-04-08 at 8:39:11 PM GMT
During a Pandemic

With recent developments, what is everyone doing to get out? We are liveaboards who were anxiously looking to stay living aboard with another view for the weekend.  Is supposed to be a beautiful weekend.  BC Parks are now closed, weighing dropping the hook in a bay or doing a day sail.  Wondering everyone's take/plans on this.

2020-04-11 at 4:00:16 AM GMT
My wife and I were considering our sailing options for this weekend earlier in the week. We, as other have, have put our longer sailing trip on hold for the season to respect the recommendations of the government to stay close to home and to respect the wishes of Island and remote communities along he coast. We do plan however to take some day trips and possibly a short overnight trip at some point, but with the recent new blitz on staying home on this long weekend that is exactly what we are doing.

2020-04-11 at 7:37:29 PM GMT
Sorry, but we are all bored with our views. We NEED to stay put. No day trips. No short overnight trips. NADA.

We all need to stay where we are until things with COVID 19 change.

2020-04-12 at 6:12:45 AM GMT
A moderator has removed this post.
2020-04-12 at 7:01:05 AM GMT
Hi Tyler. Although it is true that we need to stay put to protect ourselves and others, here in BC (we are in Vancouver) the message is to self-isolate as far as possible, but it's ok to go out for short periods to care for our mental and physical health, as long as we are very aware of social distancing at six metres (I've heard it called 'practicing 'safe six) and pay attention to the needs of others We've been taking walks around our neighbourhood without getting close to anyone and everyone else here around us is clearly following these guidelines. If you can cast off your dock and return without compromising someone else's space, a day sail is a fabulous idea and very healthy for you to do. Don't take friends with you. If you can find a spot to anchor where you aren't going to need assistance or rescue, even better. but use good judgement.  The situatin may be different in other areas.

2020-04-26 at 1:38:15 AM GMT
Sorry Leslie but I respectfully disagree with your recommendation of going out for a day sail. The Canadian Coast Guard has stated:

"With the start of the boating season underway in B.C., heading out to the water may be tempting for residents.

But with the COVID-19 pandemic still ongoing, the Canadian Coast Guard is asking people to stay off the water unless it is needed." - April 25th, 2020

It is pretty clear that they are telling people not to take their boats out unless it is necessary.

2020-08-20 at 4:43:46 PM GMT
Our boat is currently in Point Roberts marina so any sort of outing is out of the question, how many members are currently stuck in Point Roberts. other than hauling out and having your boat trucked to Canada what are our other options ?

Sign In

Calendar

2020-10-14
Vancouver Virtual Club Night -- October 14, 2020