Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search
Station license
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2020-02-27 at 4:13:21 AM GMT
Posts: 11
Station license
In Canada we need our ROC with DSC to operate our VHF legally. When traveling south through US and Mexico do we need any other licenses? We’ve been asked our ships license or call sign. Can someone clarify or direct us to whom we can confirm the answer. Thank you

2020-02-27 at 7:28:19 PM GMT
Posts: 86

as long as your canadian radio license is valid you’ll be fine. In 3 years across the south pacific from mexico, we have never ever been asked for a radio license. Boat registration, proof of insurance in marinas is all you’ll ever need. fair winds

Jean Baillargeon

Why should I care about posterity?
What's posterity ever done for me?

Groucho Marx

Sign In


Vancouver Virtual Club Night -- October 14, 2020