Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search
BCA Website FAQ
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
PIG ROAST GANGES 0 R. Alfreds Hi I am thinking of going to the Pig ROAST probably have to leave next Tuesday August 22.to arrive at Gorge on Saturday. Sail back on the Sunday. My crew is busy so I am on my own. Looking for one or 2 people to join me and split the costs. Gas and food. Thanks Call Russ Alfreds if you would like to join me. My number is 604 347 8392
by R. Alfreds
August 15, 2017
Add a second chapter? 0 N. Tate Hi - I am currently splitting my time between Victoria and Calgary - is there any way to add a second chapter to my profile? I'd hate to miss out on any events happening in Calgary... Thanks! Nikki
by N. Tate
April 7, 2016
Brokers specializing in Blue Water Cruisers 1 D. Boyer Try Swiftsure Yachts in Seattle; they definitely focus on offshore bluewater boats.
by J. Handley
March 7, 2016
Windlass ??? 0 D. Cherry Hi, we have the windlass shown in the picture. We are trying to figure out a brand and model but have found no markings at all on it. Can anyone help identify it? thanks Dave & Diane
by D. Cherry
September 27, 2015
12 Volt 0 D. Cherry Would anyone else like to see a course on 12 volt electrical this winter, in Nanaimo? Diane
by D. Cherry
September 27, 2015
I get panelbox instead of the BCA website 0 I. Clark Panelbox is the email service used by  BCA's watchkeeper volunteers and will be referenced if one does not put the www before bluewatercruising.org in the URL.  Use www.bluewatercruising.org to avoid this problem.
by I. Clark
April 5, 2013
How do I update my Currently Cruising Location 0 I. Clark There is no place on the member’s record to record a cruising location without interfering with the delivery of currents and other mail from BCA.  As you may know however, boats have been allocated a separate membership with their own record that has an address section and this is the key to updating one’s cruising location – just update the location of the boat. Steps: 1.       Whoever is the member (i.e. whoever pays the membership fees) needs to log onto the website.2.       Under the MY PROFILE menu on the upper right, click on Manage Profile3.       The system may ask you to re-enter your password depending on how long it is since you last logged in4.       Under Information & Settings, click on Sub-accounts.5.       At the bottom of the My Sub-accounts page, you should see an entry for your boat.  You may have to scroll down to see the bottom of the page.  If you do not see the name of your boat, please contact us at admin@bluewatercruising.org.6.       Click on the tiny pen & paper icon beside the name of your boat.   Be careful not to accidently  click on the suspend or detach icons.7.       Select the Country you (and hopefully your boat) is cruising in.  If you select Canada or the US, the system has been updated with Provinces and States and you can select one of these as the Location.  In the future we may add detailed Locations for other Countries .  If you can’t see a suitable County/Location email us and we will update the table.   You should also update the Where Moored field with the marina and city.8.       While you are here, check that the other boat data is correct and add any additional information.  For example if you have a Volvo engine and add that in Engine Make, your boat will show up the next time someone searches for boats with Volvos.  There is also a free form Description, so brag a little.9.       Click on "I accept the terms of use” if you do and Save Changes.10.   You are done. 
by I. Clark
March 28, 2013
New Website Forum How -To Document 1 T. Baker Hi TomGreat job... really useful document.jbT. Baker said:A New Website Forum "How -To" document can be found here This document explains how to work within the new website Forum and how it differs from the old Message Board we were used to.
by J. Baillargeon
March 17, 2013
quick way to subsribe to forums 2 J. Baillargeon This is because you have to first subscribe to the Forums before you can Manage your Forum Subscriptions. Please refer to the Forum: BCA Website FAQ:  New Website Forum How -To Document for more information on managing subscriptions
by T. Baker
March 16, 2013
How do I add a member to Fleet 2 I. Clark Yes, pictures were not able to be brought over from the previous BCA site so members should upload a new one.  Perhaps send out a note to the Fleet group promoting this.Ian
by I. Clark
February 11, 2013
How do I move a post to the correct Forum 1 T. Baker <FORUM MODERATORS ONLY>Open the post you want to move.  As a moderator, there is an "edit" option.  Clicking on that reveals a "move to" field which allows you to move the post to another Forum.Ian
by I. Clark
February 11, 2013
How to post Watchkeeper minutes 0 I. Clark <GROUP ADMINS ONLY> Here is what you need to do with VI as an example (other group documents are similar in approach): 1)      Log onto the website with your normal username and password2)      Select Groups under the MY PROFILE menu on the upper right         ·                  ·         3)      On the MY GROUPS page, select VI Watchkeepers·4)      On the Groups of BCA – VI Watchkeepers page, click on Group Pages5)      Minutes of VI Watchkeepers is displayed, select that6)    On the Minutes of VI Watchkeeper Minutes page, select Add a File7)     Browse for the file to upload , give it a description (Feb Watchkeeper Report?),  set it to Protected so that the information is kept private to the Watchkeepers group and upload it.If possible (not mandatory) you can first convert the file to postscript format (.pdf) as it easier for others to download and read in that format.  You can also add a short description of what it is that will be visible to others prior to them downloading it and reading it.  Sounds like a lot but it is all just navigating down to the right page.
by I. Clark
February 4, 2013
How to update your boat information 0 I. Clark Boats are a sub-accounts of the member account  (aka primary or master).  To add or edit the information on your boat, please follow these instructions:Log onto the website as the member account holder, not the associate member (aka secondary or sub member)Select Manage Profile under the MY PROFILE menu on the upper right         ·                  ·         On the MY PROFILE page, select Sub-accounts·On the MY Sub-accounts page, scroll to the bottom and you will see the sub accounts – your boat will be listedSelect the edit widget (paper and pen, first icon) next to your boat's name·Your boat's record will appear and you can update and change the dataPress "Save Changes”What if you can't see your boat as a sub-account.  It may not yet be linked to your account in which case email admin.  If you are a new member and want to add your boat, you can also add it from the My Sub-accounts page, creating a "boat" record.
by I. Clark
January 31, 2013
Sign In
Sign In securely
Calendar

2017-10-19
VI Mid-Island Presentation Oct 19 - FLORIDA TO PUERTO VALLARTA: THE ONGOING ADVENTURES ABOARD J’SEA

2017-10-21
Vancouver - 2017 Understanding, Installing and Operating HF Marine Radio Transceivers

2017-10-22
Vancouver - 2017 SCS Pactor modem installation and operation

2017-10-28
Vancouver - 2017 Basic Marine Radar with Kevin Monahan

2017-10-29
Vancouver - 2017 Weather Strategies for the Inside Passage

2017-11-04
Vancouver - 2017 Basic Diesel Engines

2017-11-05
Vancouver - 2017 - Intermediate Diesel w/David West

2017-11-08
Vancouver Club Night: The Lost Fleet

2017-11-15 » 2017-12-09
VI Victoria 2017 - Basic Ham Radio

2017-11-18 » 2017-11-19
Vancouver - 2017 - Practical Offshore Weather

2017-11-18 » 2017-11-19
VI Victoria 2017 - Diesel Maintenance and Servicing

2017-11-18
VI Victoria 2017 - Basic Marine Radar

2017-11-21
VI South Club Night - Homeward Bound via Japan and Korea

2017-12-02 » 2017-12-03
VI Victoria 2017 - Psychology of Voyaging w/ Rick Ellis

2017-12-03
Vancouver - 2017 Advanced Diesel (Dec 3)