Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search
Weather & Navigation
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
NOAA weather charts unavailable 2 C. McLean Thanks, Rudy. The old URL I was using no longer worked. Tom Baker sent me one that had the weather faxes from Pt Reyes. That was what I was looking for.Cam
by C. McLean
October 5, 2016
New Mac Grib Viewer beta Testers Needed. 3 D. Cook Doug I am a programmer and a Mac user, I would also be interested in the BetaCampbell Good, SV Camdeboo, Lavranos 50http://www.camdeboo.ca
by C. Good
April 17, 2015
Timing of passage south from San Fran to Galapagos and onward 1 M. Hanssmann Hi,You might also want to try posting this request on BCA's Facebook page. At https://www.facebook.com/BluewatercruisingCAJimmy Cornell's book, World Voyage Planner, lists all these cruising routes and the best time of year to travel.Good luck
by J. Baillargeon
March 9, 2015
Weather Information for the Caribbean 0 J. Guilfoyle Former BCA member Francois Dubuc is currently sailing with his family in the Caribbean.A family member who is also one of his safety persons is requesting information on preferred weather/marine websites to keep better track of him. They recently ran into a weather system that disabled both their sails and their engine while enroute to Jamaica. They made repairs to engine and altered course.Wondering if any of our members have experience and suggestions for that area. They are currently on a course for Isla de Providencia, East of Nicaragua and expect to make landfall in the next 10 hours, at which time no doubt they will be reassessing their situation. 
by J. Guilfoyle
January 30, 2014
Paper Charts: Roll or fold? 5 B. Short We have always folded our charts and with the exception of 3001 bought in 1981 and used almost daily when underway no parts have become difficult to read. Some of our charts date back to the early 70s - $1 charts. The thing is to use the minimum number of folds that allow them to be stored. The charts that aren't in immediate use are stored under the mattresses in the bunks. No complaints from happy crew.
by C. McLean
June 14, 2013
Off Shore Weather Course 8 D. Smith In April, your Cruising Committee hosted David Jones, the warning preparedness meteorologist at the Meteorological Service of Canada (Environment Canada). He presented a program to the members of the RVYC and Sidney-North Saanich Yacht Clubs and the Bluewater Cruising Association on how to assess the continuous weather reports we listen to when on the water.David Jones promised to send us more information on this crucial topic. Here is the link that will take you to several of his presentations:  http://members.shaw.ca/davidb.jones/pages/downloads.html  Cruising Committee Royal Victoria Yacht Club
by D. Craigmyle
May 22, 2013
Sign In
Sign In securely
Calendar

2017-08-25 » 2017-08-27
BCA Gorge Harbour Rendezvous & Pig Roast

2017-09-19
VI South Club Night - Slow Boat to Greece: A Family Escapade in the Med

2017-10-07 » 2017-10-09
BCA Thanksgiving Rendezvous - Thetis Island

2017-10-14 » 2017-10-15
Vancouver 2017 - Psychology of Voyaging

2017-10-21
Vancouver 2017: Understanding, Installing and Operating HF Marine Radio Transceivers

2017-10-22
Vancouver 2017: SCS Pactor modem installation and operation