Come One, Come All

Join us for the Annual
BCA
Thanksgiving Rendezvous
October 8, 9 & 10, 2016

at the

Thetis Island Marina and Pub

Everyone is welcome
Members, prospective members, past members and guests, boaters interested in offshore sailing and friends young and old. We welcome boats of all sorts, sizes and condition. Some come by kayak.

Full details and schedule plus reports from past years are posted at
http://www.cassiopeiax.com/BCA

More details to follow soon.  Please plan to attend and also be sure to check back here for information and comments or questions from fellow participants, and RSVP when the event is posted under Events.

If you need crew or are hoping to find a boat with a berth, this is the place to post.

Also, be sure to subscribe to this topic to get email notices when new messages arrive.

If you are new and uncertain, post here and someone will mentor you.  Promise.

Cassiopeia -- Bavaria 42 based at Port Sidney Marina
Just Do It! - Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 35 based in Powell River
Both in the Cooper Boating fleet and available for charter.

Last edited August 10, 2016
2016-09-30 at 1:18:40 AM GMT
Cole Fox, looking for a crew member to sail with me abroad our SV Celestina to the thanksgiving rendezvous on Thetis Island. Joel is working that week end so I will be alone

cole

2016-10-01 at 9:47:44 PM GMT

The date is coming up fast and we have quite a few skippers who have clicked the RSVP link.

If you have not already, please also write me at calrendezvous@bluewatercruising.org with your details, number aboard, etc. since the RSVP link does not actually give us the information we need.

Also -- very important -- please call the pub to reserve the Sunday Thanksgiving dinner if you plan to attend. They need to purchase supplies in advance. Reserving dock space is less critical, but if you want power be sure to say since the posts can be a distance from some boats. I always carry two extensions.

Please plan on bringing along whatever useful boating items you wish to sell for the swap and shop and maybe post them, both here under the rendezvous topic and also in the buy and sell here on this forum.

Last edited October 1, 2016
2016-10-01 at 9:56:54 PM GMT
Available at the Thanksgiving Rendezvous Swap and Shop.

This just in from Paul at Thetis Island:

"A friend on Thetis dropped off some stuff that will likely be of interest to the group, for inclusion in the “boat jumble” or swap/sale of stuff.

"Some pretty neat stuff: 65lb Luke anchor, 45lb CQR, 130% Doyle roller furling genoa (like new, for a Passport 40-size boat), symmetrical spinnaker (excellent shape), Garmin 18HD radar with 4208 GPSMAP colour display, Raymarine tridata display, Protech multi-voltage battery charger, Ample Power EMON power management display, Whale gusher 10, Jabsco macerator, Edson bronze autopilot tiller arm (VERY heavy duty), Hatch bug screens, safety harnesses, copper SSB grounding foil, some custom rigged Tuna lures.... As I said, nice stuff. It is aggressively priced, and I am simply looking after it as the owner is out of country.

"I also have some dyneema-cored line that I will sell, in sizes up to 11mm. This is really strong stuff, and it is well below normal retail. It is brand new. At least twice the strength of dacron line, so no need to buy thicker halyard line that is hard to pull over the sheaves. I have a few spools, about 500 feet plus each, so (within reason) I can cut to length, but no really small bits please.
"I also have some tinned wire, battery lugs etc, all new.

"This is an opportunity for those close to leaving to find a few items they can really use at a decent price.

2016-10-01 at 10:14:30 PM GMT
At present, it appears I may be single-handing Cassiopeia from Sidney to Thetis Island. If that is the case, I have two empty cabins available for the cruise up and back or just for the stay at Thetis for folks with no boat handy.

I plan to leave Sidney Friday morning and arrive at Thetis Island by supper and leave Thetis on Monday, then cruise for a few more days, returning to Sidney on the Wednesday unless I decide to take in the event on the weekend after. 

If interested, you can contact me at calrendezvous@bluewatercruising.org

Last edited October 1, 2016
2016-10-03 at 4:49:34 PM GMT
Sorry for the late notice, but I've got a couple of berths available in the main salon - not your own cabin - my plan is to leave Esquimalt/Westbay early Thursday, taking a leisurely two days to get to Thetis, and two days to get home, arriving sometime Tuesday.

There are dogs onboard x 2 (small ones) so if you are allergic or sensitive, this might not be for you.

I have no dodger, so bring good rain gear. Nice and toasty down below though. Sharing cost of marina/food is expected. Sorry to spell it out, but I've been burned before.

Stephen Wylie
SV Drømmen
Westsail 32
Cell: 250-415-6873

2016-10-08 at 4:16:09 PM GMT
Sorry for the late reply... we will be heading over this afternoon with 3 people on board.

Sign In
Sign In securely
Calendar

2017-08-25 » 2017-08-27
BCA Gorge Harbour Rendezvous & Pig Roast

2017-09-19
VI South Club Night - Slow Boat to Greece: A Family Escapade in the Med

2017-10-07 » 2017-10-09
BCA Thanksgiving Rendezvous - Thetis Island

2017-10-14 » 2017-10-15
Vancouver 2017 - Psychology of Voyaging

2017-10-21
Vancouver 2017: Understanding, Installing and Operating HF Marine Radio Transceivers

2017-10-22
Vancouver 2017: SCS Pactor modem installation and operation